|ENTERPRISE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH HISTORICAL MARKER.
A photograph of the church in its present location is included at
The cemetery includes headstones indicating at least seven burials before 1900, the earliest of which was in 1891.
Instructions to reach this location are as follows:
From the intersection of Clinton Avenue (County Road Alternate 52) and US Highway 301 south of Dade City, travel east
on Clinton Avenue 1.4 miles. Cross Old Lakeland Highway (CR-Alt 35), and Clinton Avenue becomes
Enterprise Road. Continue approximately 0.9 miles to the cemetery on the south side of the road
at the top of a slight rise. Prominently visible in this approach is a white gazebo located on private property immediately before the cemetery.
Visitors to this cemetery might wish to assess their personal comfort level with a large Chow dog, a brindle Boxer,
and a black-and-white American Pit Bull Terrier that live across the road and regularly patrol the area. A recent
visitor reported the dogs showed no sign of aggression.
The wording on this marker is as follows: “Enterprise United Methodist Church - On this site the Enterprise Church stood from 1878 until 1977 to the glory of God and the spiritual edification of those who worshiped here across the years. In 1977 the church building was conveyed to the Florida Pioneer Museum Association, but seeds of it's ministry will sprout eternally.”