HISTORY OF EDUCATION IN PASCO COUNTY

Clay Sink School (North of Darby)

This page was last revised on Dec. 24, 2016.

A map shows this school in S14 T24 R19, near Hancock Lake, northwest of San Antonio.

School board minutes of Sept. 5, 1887, show Clay Sink School (No. 5) utilizing the Twin Lakes post office. Trustees: Thos. Wheeler, Thos. Arnold, Jas. B. Moody.

A list from Aug. 8, 1889, shows the teacher at Clay Sink, no. 5, as Alex McGeachey (?).

School board minutes of Aug. 7, 1893, show James D. Heisler the teacher.

School board minutes of Sept. 4, 1893, show J. G. Tanner the teacher.

School board minutes of Aug, 2, 1897, show Ella Osborne the teacher.

School board minutes of Aug. 1, 1898, show Clay Sink, no. 23, with Addie Sumner the teacher.

School board mintues of July 1, 1901, show Miss Fannie Mobley appointed the teacher.

School board mintues from Sept. 1904 indicate that David Gillett received the contract to build Clay Sink school for $200.00 and furnish all the material and labor.

School board minutes of July 3, 1905, show Bessie Osborne appointed the teacher.

A 1915-1916 directory shows a Clay Sink School utilizing the Pasco post office.

At the school board meeting of July 3-5, 1916, Mrs. H. B. Hope was appointed teacher at Clay Sink.

School board minutes of Aug. 2-3, 1920, show E. S. Dew the teacher.

School board minutes of Jan. 4-6, 1921, show Miss Josie Larkin was appointed teacher at Clay Sink to finish the unexpired term.

School board minutes of July 5, 1921, show Mrs. Gertrude Gant the teacher.

School board minutes of Aug. 7, 1922, show Miss Georgia Rice the teacher.

History of Education front page